News blog for Seattle's Wedgwood and View Ridge neighborhoods

Wedgwood View header image 2

Meet the New Editor of the Wedgwood View

Posted by hillaryu on March 9th, 2014

Hello neighbors!

I am very excited to be the new editor of the Wedgwood View. It is my hope that together we will continue to build an amazing online community where we can chat about news, events around town and everything in between.

I am a Seattle native and was born and raised in the area. I grew up in Ravenna and attended Bryant Elementary, Eckstein Middle School, Roosevelt High School and then the University of Washington Bothell. It was a blast growing up in the neighborhood and being able to experience the amazing growth that has occurred over the last 10+ years. I currently live in the heart of Wedgwood where I see lots of new things happening everyday!

When I’m not here writing to you, I’m the Executive Director of a non-profit. I’m also an avid coffee lover, wannabe fitness expert (Pure Barre and Jazzercise anyone?) and I enjoy the occasional time spent at home reveling at the beautiful mountain ranges in the area with my husband, Peter.

I know that you will learn more about me as I continue to put my own personal touches on the site and I hope you will introduce yourself! Drop me a line via email, send me a news tip or ask me out to coffee. I’m sure we’ll have plenty to talk about, but we can start with why you think the Wedgwood and View Ridge areas are the best around!

Until we meet again,

Editor, Wedgewood View

Hillary

Tags: Uncategorized

6 reader comments so far ↓

• 1 Sachi Wilson // Mar 9, 2014 at 5:46 pm

It would be good if you could spell Wedgwood right. ;-)

• 2 hillaryu // Mar 9, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Hi Sachi! Thank you very much for that catch! I must have checked multiple times for that error (I also do some work for another company called “Wedgewood.”) I appreciate that you brought it to my attention to correct. I hope we will meet out in the community sometime soon!

–Hillary

• 3 Sachi Wilson // Mar 9, 2014 at 8:31 pm

We may! I’m just over the 95th street “border” in Meadowbrook, but I certainly shop in and bicycle throughout Wedgwood frequently.

I’m an old editor and I know how those errors slip in despite the best efforts.

• 4 Mary Beth // Mar 11, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Welcome aboard, Hillary!

I was so excited when this neighborhood blog came to being, but it’s needed some care and attention for awhile. Thanks for bringing your energy to it.

Mary Beth

• 5 Allan W // Mar 15, 2014 at 1:18 am

So glad you are on deck! I had almost deleted this link from my ‘Favorites’. Now I’m glad I didn’t.

• 6 Heleyna Holmes // Mar 17, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Thank you for your hard work! I have lived in the WW neighborhood for 7 years now and almost always spell it with the extra e! ;) Hope to meet you out and about sometime!