Page Ahead Children’s Literacy Program is hosting its annual restaurant benefit, Dish Up Literacy, this Thursday. Eat at Fiddler’s Inn, Casa d’Italia, or several other Seattle restaurants, and 20 percent of the proceeds will support literacy programs for children in need.
According to Page Ahead, 61 percent of low-income families have no books at all in their homes for children.
Page Ahead operates on one simple and astounding fact: growing up in a house with books is the foremost predictor of academic success in childhood—and a child who succeeds in school will remain there. Page Ahead is dedicated to helping children in need succeed in school by developing strong reading skills.
Participating restaurants include:
- Smokin’ Pete’s BBQ (Ballard) *dinner only
- Hopvine Pub (Capitol Hill)
- Tutta Bella (Columbia City, South Lake Union, Stone Way, Issaquah)
- Carmelita (Greenwood) *dinner only
- Barrio Restaurant (Madison Park)
- Rusty Pelican Café (Wallingford)
- Casa d’Italia (Ravenna/Wedgwood)
- Fiddler’s Inn (Wedgwood)
- Ten Mercer (Queen Anne)
- Barrio (Bellevue)